Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emberdew
Admin
Emberdew

New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks Empty
PostSubject: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:21 pm

Weeeeeeeeell,....

I considered starting a New Member's Day Out hour time and time again while in-game last week. I figured that attempting to make an announcement for it while in one of the major cities would be key, since most new folks are gathered there.

However, I turned off my Guild Chat channel some time ago, and don't know how to get it back on! So Local Defense Channel is all that I see. I have no idea, either, if I'd end up getting our guild in any "trouble" for making an official announcement on behalf of Aureus DeSol on the Local chat.

Anyway, I was also trying to think of a good way to word the annoucement. So far, all I've thought of is something like:

"The Aureus DeSol Guild is hosting a New Player's Day Out! Players lvls 1-20 are welcome to participate in our team. We'll work together to complete your quests and answer any basic questions about playing WoW. Limit 5 to a team at a time, so pm me now for an invite!"

... or something like that. But it seems to wordy as it is...

- ED
Back to top Go down
Hydrah
Admin
Hydrah

PostSubject: Re: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:49 pm

ths is definantly a good start here, we'll just figure out a better way to word it and make it eye catching

andy other thoughts on this are defiantly going to be appreciated !!
Back to top Go down
Methiaos

Methiaos

PostSubject: new toons   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:10 am

probably should depend on the quests some being in a group may complicate the process like needing items from a monster and so on maybe like have a good healer to keep them alive while they kill them rez em when needed.
Back to top Go down
kragmerious

kragmerious

PostSubject: sounds good   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 am

let me know, me or Joeb one will help run quests. thought about also ...when my blacksmithing gets to the point i want it. To develop something for new members. a guild sword for fighters...a mace for Pallys... just an idea, may help with recruiting it you give them something that it would take them a while to get in game.
Back to top Go down
Hydrah
Admin
Hydrah

PostSubject: Re: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 am

Thats a great idea!!!!

its cost effective too!

the'd all have to be green items or higher, but the guild can supply matts and such, and anyone who can offer services would be great!! :)

ill organize this more into a program soon and announce the logistics of it in the updates forum ^.^

this gives me great ideas now, thanks krag!
Back to top Go down
Emberdew
Admin
Emberdew

PostSubject: Re: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 am

I sure am glad that others are catching on to the idea. Thank you for the great ideas, guys.

There would have to be a particular day set for the event, though, or else we wouldn't be able to grab all the new players together at once. After a few times doing this, they will grow accustomed to the set day and time, and if they enjoy the help, there'll be more of them arriving promptly for each event. I've seen it done before in other guilds (of my past, different game), and I know it can be done successfully.

Cool Deal -

- ED Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Hydrah
Admin
Hydrah

PostSubject: Re: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am

agreed, the leaders will get together some time soon, and decide when we will be doing this ^.^ and all the kinds and quirks ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks   New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player's Day Out - Kinks and Quirks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guild Questions, Concerns or Ideas-
Jump to: