Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who here remembers D&D?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mcewan
Admin
mcewan

Who here remembers D&D? Empty
PostSubject: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:36 pm

We used to role play with dice and pencils and paper. Wow and D&D for me at least gives me the same feeling. We would get four or five people together, a bag of doritios and a 2 liter of cola and play dungeons and dragons for 12 - 16 hours a day each weekend back when i was a teenager. We would wait all week till the group could get together again to game. Nobody had cell phones back then and the popular video games were the original nintendo. Damn I feel old.
Wow has kind of relit that addictive gaming experience for me.
Back to top Go down
Hydrah
Admin
Hydrah

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:36 am

oooooh dude!!!

im liking you more and more!

lol, me and my friends still play D&D! we do exactly what you described lol

were on 4E now, so its a little different from what it used to be!
Back to top Go down
mcewan
Admin
mcewan

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Thats cool that people still play, we played the first edition and towards the end of the run second edition came out. I remember we had to keep our gaming on the down low because in northwest iowa the religious conservatives would have a cow if they ever heard the words "Dungeons and Dragons". We would get in trouble if we brought the books to school and they thought we were worshiping the devil and stuff. It didn't help that the monster manual #2 had an entire section on demons and the 9 levels of hell. LOL One kid's mom took all his books and burned them one time. It was crazy times. :)
Back to top Go down
Emberdew
Admin
Emberdew

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Y'know it's kindof ironic - as much of a gamer as I've become, I've never been interested in the die and rulebook D&D-type games (sorry, guys...) I think it's mainly skiddish-ness on my part with my poor confidence in my mathematics abilities.... I remember that a *lot* of adding and subtracting comes into play with the old-school gaming. Who here remembers D&D? 623202
Back to top Go down
Hydrah
Admin
Hydrah

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 pm

lol yea, i remember people went nuts over that stuff, its really silly

its one of those situations where people didnt know enough and just assumed the worst

so once again, ignorant people screw the rest of us over XD
Back to top Go down
kragmerious

kragmerious

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:55 pm

And t I thought I would be the old guy..well i am but not as old as I thought.
fond memories of pulling all nighters, pizza at 12:00 or 1:00 breakfest buffet to cap the night and off to college classes.

vet. of D&D Basic, Expert, ver. 1 ( before it had versions.)

fond memories....
Back to top Go down
Lunayn
Admin
Lunayn

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:44 pm

*quizzical look*

....Discreet & Dangerous...

..............Deft & Devious...

.............Delinquent & Dapper...

...Defiant & Discerning...

......................Dainty & Dexterous...

...........Dreamy & Delirious...

...Darling & Daring...

............Divine & Deep...

?

I'm thinking about all the people in this guild so I can figure out what in the world you must be referring to with this D&D stuff....
Am I close with any of these? Recognize yourself in here?
Back to top Go down
kragmerious

kragmerious

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 pm

McE...dont tell me you havent pulled the old books out and showed here ahardcore gamers delight......
"did that sound right???"

anyway DUNGONS & DRAGONS...Lunayn...DUNGONS & DRAGONS

althought a couple of those acronyms generated alit interest..... gamers that had to survive with out a computer had to have other means for our wild imaginations to wrap around......

By the way my first real computer game "or first few" was ZORK...no images just paragraphs of text. Pirates...which kind of had pictures with like a couple of moving parts ..like the computer pinball games now and another that was all xxx abd OOO and mazes made out of them....letter represented monsters "D" dragon.....

on a IBM with dual 5.25 floppies with a 40meg "yes I said meg" hard drive....

THE GOOD OLD DAYS.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here remembers D&D?   Who here remembers D&D? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here remembers D&D?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Random Chat :P-
Jump to: